- Personal information collection.
- Personal data you provide.
- Data use.
- The basis for processing personal data.
- Compliance with legal obligations.
- Disclosure of personal data.
- Data retention.
- Choice to opt-out
- Notification of changes.
- Contact for more details.
Ø PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
We collect or obtain data related to you in various ways, as described below. Such data may include personal data – information that alone or in combination with other information identifies you as an individual or can be reasonably linked to your identity.
Ø PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE
To use our service and register an account with us, we collect personally identifiable information which includes but is not limited to your email address, name, contact, location, physical address, banking details during purchase, sometimes IP address, etc. As much as there are actions you can take on our website without providing your personal information. You may also make requests through this site to exercise your rights under applicable privacy laws. We will collect and maintain data related to such requests to respond to you and for our audit and legal compliance purposes.
Ø DATA USE
Why and how do we use your data? We use your data for the purpose it was provided just as stated above. However, we can also use your data for the following purposes.
- Your contact is also required to share offers based on your previous purchase and interest.
- Administer and manage this site, communicate to you about this site, process your request for information or complete a service you request.
- For our internal business purposes: Data analysis, conduct research & analytics about your use of this site, and interact with us, develop new products, improve this site and our existing products and services. Identify usage trends and assess the performance of our advertisements. Optimize our advertising campaigns and determine the effectiveness of our communications.
- Protect the rights, safety, property, or operations of one or more Tellme affiliates, you, or others.
Ø BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information you provided with Tellme will be taken and processed in line with legitimate and lawful purposes consented to by you. Therefore;
- Personal data provided by you must be competent, accurate, sufficient, and not with prejudice against human decency.
- We owe you a duty to protect all data provided by you.
- We shall be accountable to existing laws and regulations.
Ø COMPLIANCE WITH LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
Tellme may process your data if necessary for us to comply with the legal obligation coming up under an applicable law to which we are subject to. To the extent we process data provided by you which is best described as “special” or “sensitive”, we’ll do so because
- You have given us the consent to process your data.
- The processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- You have made the data public.
Ø DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Concerning one or more of the intent profiled in the “Data Use” section above, we may disclose your data to:
- Third parties providing services to us i.e. facilitation of advertisement, system hosting, management and support, data analysis, data backup, data security, and storage services.
- Competent governmental and public authorities in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To protect our operations and those of our affiliates.
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property and all those of our affiliates, you or others.
- Relevant third parties as part of a corporate transaction-seal transfer reorganization. Disposition of all or any portion of our business assets or stock including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
Ø DATA RETENTION
How long are we to retain your data? We will retain your data only for those periods necessary to fulfill the various purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
Ø COOKIES & OTHER INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES
- Assist you to navigate through our website.
- Occasionally improve our website design and functions.
- Gather statistical information on how visitors visit and use our website.
- Serve you better with tailored information.
- Display information more effectively.
Ø CHOICE TO OPT-OUT
The opportunity to opt-out of any of the non-essential services that’ll require your information such as promotional, marketing-related, and newsletters after setting up an account with us is provided. Please, if you need to opt out of any of our services, kindly visit firstname.lastname@example.org for an immediate response.
Ø NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
Ø CONTACT US